We count on your participation in the Mediawise Community of Practice – #cpmediawise. Peer-learning and experience exchange are at the base of our community.
Small media education initiatives – but plenty – shared in the #cpmediawise will change the current situation in which
- many people do not know how to select information in the media,
- or do not know their rights and responsibilities in the digital environment
- parents do not know how to speak to their children about their online experiences,
- many do not know the extent to which the media influence their everyday life decisions,
- most do not understand the added value that media education brings to lifelong learning,
and in which
- we do not like the outdated, lacking innovation system of teaching/learning in schools,
- with no media literacy, teachers are afraid to include media education strategies in the classroom,
- we lack media education policies,
- few media education initiatives happen outside of the school or kindergarten.
What do we want from you? To meet and act together for media literacy education!
Make your own mediawise workshop. Send your workshop proposal online.
- Are you a teacher or trainer and want to integrate media education activities in your classroom?
- Are you a librarian and believe that we can help you bring media education in your library?
- Are you a parent and you would like to get involved in the media education of your children?
- Are you savvy with online social media and want to teach other friends, colleagues or fellow parents?
- Do you have good communication skills and wish to advocate and support media education in your town or in your school?
Write your ideas and suggestions in the workshop proposal online. You can make your own schedule, and we will try to support and guide you with media education expertise and logistics.
Our educational resources are Mediawise own creations or translated and adapted materials to support media education in various learning situations, in schools, in the family and among friends.
The Mediawise CoP can benefit from the MediaWise Society research and our recommendations of academic research in education, communication and media.
If you want to support MediaWise Society, you may find more details here.